What is your relationship with debt?


Debt does not have to define you! I heard this on the radio last week and have been meaning to post it. The burden of debt. It is a real problem and I see the emotional effects of it when I am speaking with potential clients. Time to do something about it! Don’t feel alone and depressed. Talk about it. Reach out. I spoke to someone last week who was almost in tears about their situation. She was so down on herself and the situation she found herself in compared to her perception of her peers’ lives.  We had a long conversation.  She said she had waited weeks to call me after getting my phone number from a co-worker. We talked the situation through and it really wasn’t bad! They had enough equity in their home to refinance and pay off the debt they had accumulated. The solution was relatively easy. The conversation really made me feel sad that she felt so alone and ashamed. Her perception was that her friends were doing so much better in life. Remember, what you see on social media is not necessarily true!

Instead of feeling alone it’s time to break the stigma of debt. Reach out to the people you trust, you will find that many people are in a similar situation. Maybe we can learn something from another and grow instead of feeling inadequate.


Comments

Popular Posts